Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A bit of inspiration

Raleigh has quite a few homeless men and women
who stand at the freeway entrances.
I always have this uneasy feeling when I stop
like I don't want to make eye contact with
them because I really want to help, but don't think
giving them the $0.55 I have in the car will.
So, I've decided to give a little 'sack lunch' instead of money
I figure, who wouldn't be happy for
this food and a pass along card and
a wonderful quote about being a child of God?
(Olivia, Alexis, Colton and I had a great experience
with a man outside the Temple. He asked for spare change
we told him we didn't have any, but he could have our Sobe.
He goes, "Ya dude, I love Sobes." It made our day to say the least.) Raleigh 1st ward - Book Club
Les Miserables
I don't know why but I just love
the sight our our two 'boots.'
that's true love

2 comments:

allison wright said...

you give meaning to my life your my inspiration. you really are wonderful em. i can't wait to hear other positive replies to your giving. i love the assortments of Les Mis books and your 'boots' are ready for action waiting by the door.

we said...

wow you should really take up photography these pictures and inspiring. miss my sis & brother jonathan.