Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Debbie Russell

A couple of days ago I woke up in the middle of the night
thinking about Debbie. I got out of bed and said a prayer
for her and her family.

This morning Darice called to tell me that she
had passed away.
Life is so precious.

This is a picture of her husband, Sherman.
I always tell him he looks like my grandpa
and ask him if I can squeeze his earlobes.
Please keep him in your prayers.

Jon and I taught a Sunday School lesson last week
on forgiveness. Today as I think about
mortality and the short, precious time we
have together here on earth, I am reminded
how important it is to forgive freely and often,
in order for love to fill our hearts instead of
hurt, anger, and sadness.
(Bishop McMullin has an incredible story of forgiveness on
page 13 of the Conference Ensign)
I love you all.

3 comments:

allison wright said...

that sherman is adorable and our thoughts go out to him and his family at this time of great loss. i am going to check out that article about forgiveness. i sure love you em and am thinking of you too at this time.

Liz said...

did he tell you stories of jack and the beanstalk and turn his false teeth around and his eyelids inside out? i'm glad his wife isn't suffering anymore.

The Kyles said...

And I love you back!