Monday, November 17, 2008

Introducing Mel Wade


Many of you who visit this blog (not that there are a lot of you in the first place) know my sister Melanie. She is an amazing person, full of light and love. Mel and I have always had a sweet relationship. We got over the sibling in-fighting at an early age and it has been love and friendship ever since. I have had the privilege of watching Mel develop over the last several years through her music. I remember the first few times she came down to Provo when I was at BYU and those early early music moments with Debbie. I can still see her singing along to this and that, strumming the guitar here and there, and eventually picking up drumming. She joined a folksy (and foxy) all-girl's band––Shye Violet––and forged ahead, increasingly finding her own voice as a singer.

Well, it's now 2008 and things have really taken off more Mel during the past year. She was going to move out here to Nashville to live with Em and me and take a shot at music, but fate dictated otherwise, as she met a producer up in Boise who has been in the studio with her and promoting her stuff ever since. Matt Morrise––a brilliant musician himself and great friend––wrote a little review of Mel's album-in-progress on his blog. To check out her music visit her myspace page. There you'll also notice on the calendar that she's playing a couple of shows in Salt Lake City this week, so if you're in the area, don't miss out.

I must say it has been beautiful to watch and hear Mel grow over the years through her music. As I read her the words from Matt's blog last night she "got the chills." When I hear Mel perform I feel the same way. I can't wait to see what unfolds over the coming years . . .

5 comments:

allison wright said...

Tell Meli that this is my new choice to listen to at work. She has the most beautiful voice. Cody and I will have to make to it one of the shows in SLC. Any while you are here?

jon and em said...

Balk,

She has been living in Boise with Lori and her family for the last little while, so I'm not sure if she has any shows in Utah.

I'll find out and let you know . . . it would be fun to go and see her!

Love you,
Em

we said...

Weird, one of matt morisse friends, or family is Dan Hinckley's wife. What a small world.

jon and em said...

Besides her show tonight and tomorrow in SLC, I'm not sure she has anything set up for the holidays. I'll definitely push for it. If you're able to catch one of the shows, let me know.

we said...

Hello Jonny & Mimi, I loved the pink floyd show, 4 hours of non stop peace loving enjoyment, when they played comfortably numb I thought of you Em, I know you told me you love that song once, I did indeed miss Spencer and of course that blog post was directed towards him but we did go last year and it was unforgettable. How are you hope you're feeling better. I love you and can't wait to see you!