Thursday, December 8, 2011

One Final Road Trip. . .

At the ripe old age of 20, and after 12 years with me, YTY is ready for her swan song. I bought the car (1991 Honda Civic) for $3,000. It had 122,000 miles at the time. Nearing 300,000 miles, Emily and I had been talking about what road trip we would take to commemorate the milestone. Instead of flying to Utah with Em and Asha, I'll be driving from Raleigh to SLC with my throwback sidekick Brian. We have shared many-a-mile in that car already, although it has been a number of years since we hit the road together. The adventure begins tomorrow. The probable itinerary consists of Raleigh to Nashville to Kansas City to Berthoud to Salt Lake. ETA = Monday night. YTY will reach 300,000 somewhere in Kansas, I'm guessing, at which time a wild rumpus will ensue. We'll be posting pics and stories as we go, and hope you respond with your own YTY memories along the way.

5 comments:

The Spanglers said...

Not coming through Nebraska? Well I understand because of the weather here and in Wyoming. Good luck, be safe, & have fun!

Unknown said...

I can't believe YTY is 20 years old. This should be a road trip to remember.

The Kyles said...

I remember that car pulling up to my house in Provo and my beloved friend Emily coming in to the house to tell me that she was marrying Wadelucious. Ah memories...

we said...

My favorite YTY memory is zipping her around Nashville daydreaming I was Charlize Theron in a mini cooper. I love that old girl. Can't wait to take one more spin xoxo

Niki said...

I remember a lot of drives down university, listening to music, and talking. I can't believe you still have that car!!! Matthew's accord is also a 1991. He's putting up a fight about getting a new car...he's had it for 8 years and loves it!!! I hope the road trip is phenomenal!!