Wednesday, February 3, 2010

washington dc

"I Have a Dream"Our planning turned out perfectly
as we celebrated MLK day at the Lincoln Memorial.
[It looks like this is a theme with our yittle sissy's visits
with Lu we went to Memphis and saw the
hotel room where MLK was shot
with Lib we went to Montgomery, AL,
the heart of the Civil Rights Movement
and now, to where he delivered the
'I Have a Dream' speech with Ted.]
Pretty sweet.


I love this shot!
Ted's first trip in the metro...she was really scared!
Keeping warm at one of the many FREE
museums...Ted was scared again:)

7 comments:

we said...

dang that was a good time, remember the sweet sushi we got in alabama and the piggly wiggly? & the longest freezing line in the history of the world? those were some good times right there sissy some real good times, i miss you dearly- that face i'm making in my last post yep it's true i miss you like a child misses their blanket!

we said...

liz, you on?

Liz said...

yep, here I am Wussie! I love those pictures and the picture in front of the temple is wonderful. I wouldn't be confusing you for a guy today, you look gorgeous in those pics.

The Willeyes said...

Looks like you are having a blast. Tell Teddy we miss seeing her cute face :)

allison wright said...

Em we have to think of a place that you can take me to celebrate MLK ha ha I sure wish I was one of the "little sisters" and got to spend the best months of my life with you and Jonny. I love Teddy's scared faces ha ha The temple picture is one of the best I've seen. You guys got to visit the two most beautiful temples (in my humble opinion) in such a short amount of time, lucky

jon and em said...

ALLI - if you can convince Cody to let you come, we would welcome you with open arms. One week, one month, we don't mind!!!

Let's really nail down a date for your visit in the spring...cherry blossoms, ah yeah.

The Lewis Family said...

Ok so moving from Fl to WV we were sure of the 4 seasons coming back into our lives. People said, "Aw, there ain't been snow here in a while." Now there's oh about 12 inches or more outside right now. And Nashville well let me tell you about Nashville they're getting snow TOO!!! What is the world coming to? an end?

Glad to see you guys are doing great. Miss you.