Saturday, February 27, 2010

'er

We've lived in 'the South' for a few years now.
Nashville, some would argue is not really 'the South'
but more 'the gateway to the South.'

North Carolina is pretty much the same,
not a whole lot a y'alls or Dixie flags flyin'
but this weekend I heard two words that
don't normally end in 'er..... end in 'er


word #1: tomater

(woman at Subway asking for tomaters on her sandwich)

word #2: saliver

(man at the temple asking me if I wanted half of his
Hersheys bar, after he opened with his teeth he gave the side that he
said didn't have his 'saliver' on it!!)


5 comments:

Liz said...

those are two great people. we all should add a few 'er's onto things we say. especially when offering half a hershey bar, what a good man.

The Lewis Family said...

this made my day! you really have to love people who pronounce words in their own special way. LOL!

The Kyles said...

So this goes to show that I haven't seen you in way too long. When I saw your blog and that first picture on your DC post I thought, "which one of the Redd girls is that with really short hair"? You look adorable! muy linda!

Anna and Ryan said...

That is hilarious and so gross, too. I wouldn't want any part of any chocolate bar that had anyone else's saliver on it (even if it were a temple worker) gross, gross, gross.

We miss you guys.

we said...

crap i gotta meet this guy with his saliver, he sounds like a gem boat of the century! xoxo