Sunday, November 15, 2009

One little word

Congratulations.

I was at Rite Aid the other day buying
prenatal vitamins
(have been taking them for the last 5 years)
when the cashier, a really cute bubbly lady, scanned
the bottle and said, excitedly
"Congratulations!"

I told her I wasn't pregnant, just trying.
Then she said,
"Oh, well good luck!"

At first I thought, how cool would
that be if she were the first person
to congratulate me on being pregnant . . .
then, two days later, we found out we
weren't pregnant, again.

One day I will hear that beautiful
word and it will be for real.


4 comments:

marry said...

best of luck... I know the feeling

Marry

Andria said...

I'm so sorry Em. You are going to be the world's best mom. And I hope that it is some random checkout lady that is the first to tell you "congratulations."

allison wright said...

oh em. one sweet sweet day. on that sweet day your body will be well prepared and you wont have to worry about the lack of folic acid in the first trimester your body will be packed full for your little one.

The Willeyes said...

I know how you feel...I love you, and the day will come...in whatever form the Lord sees fit. Hang in there you sweet girl. It will happen :)