Wednesday, October 14, 2009

goal

For my 30th birthday, I made a goal to read the entire
standard works during this year.

From Genesis to the Articles of Faith.
2,476 pages = 6.78 pages per day
so far, so good.

I've made it to II Chronicles and have really loved it.
For me, the lesson of the OT is GOD IS FAITHFUL.
I've felt akin to Sarah, Rebekah, Hannah, & Rachel.

I'm grateful for the scriptures.

I like what Sis Holland once said about scripture study:
'it's our opportunity to have an exhilarating encounter with God."

I loved reading by the fire with the trusted
head lamp..and Jon loved trying out the
settings of our camera.
this makes it look like i haven't even made a dent!

4 comments:

Liz said...

nice em, that is a great goal.

we said...

emily, you have no idea how big that dent looks to me! i just finished genesis, i got 11 months and two weeks to go!!

allison wright said...

your next thirty years will be the best years of your life with goals like so. i am with olivia...that dent looks huge! i am just hoping to get through the BOM like Alexis asked us to while she is out ha ha. i sure am grateful for such great examples!

HegstromPrattFamily said...

Wow! 7 pages a day--that's doable. I'm going to have to work harder.