Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Our family of three in NC!

Here's the nursery! In case you're wondering, that is the painting from Em's Facebook profile pic. The artist agreed to repaint it when I shared our story. It was a surprise motherhood gift (thank you, Howingtons, for hanging it). Actually there's a whole lot be to thankful for in this pic: a newly-restored dresser compliments of Emily Richards (and Em); a gorgeous crib gifted to us by a group of friends and the ring-leader herself, Janet Weed; and some beautiful bumper pads and a skirt from Alisha and MauraLee. Not to be forgotten in all this is the soccer-ball rug, one of the many takeaways from an amazing year teaching 1st grade at Glendale. So much to be thankful for!

Some of my colleagues and a couple of students decorated my office. The door was also covered in pink with a banner that reads "It's a girl." I've been feeling a lot of love from everyone on campus. I'm going to leave everything as long as I can. The celebration goes on. . .

Our first walk in our "Bob" stroller. Between our Graco car seat style (called "Lowery") and our stroller, both our dads are getting some representation. Gotta love it!

We figured the Sunday stroll would put little Asha fast asleep, when we peered down, however, she was as bright-eyed as ever. Love that girl!

Her first flower: un clavel rojo (a red carnation).

11 comments:

allison wright said...

Oh that little ashy in the lowery in the bob couldn't get any better. What a great room...I think Joni had that same rug! What a great institution that meridith is! Love the airport pictures and Ashley! Keep the posts coming we are in love with baby ashy around here.

marry said...

We are so happy for you! Just reading your posts brings back so many memories for us. Adoption is such a gift. Can't wait to hear your story.

The Kyles said...

The Bob is the best running stroller! Good choice! Keep the pics comin', I can't wait to see you all in June!

Peanut said...

So, it's been about a week since I saw Asha....Don't you need a babysitter or something? :)

Jen Wade said...

ooooh I LOVE it ALL!!! She is such a sweet baby it was so great to see you guys, thanks again for taking the time to let us meet her and spend a little time with you guys, we love you, and look forward to more cute pics of this lucky little girl growing up!!!

Heidi Sue said...

I love it!!! My eyes are all filling up!!! I am so excited for the 3 of you. You and John have waited a long time for this little angel. She is so lucky to have you guys as parents.
Love all the pictures.

Beckstrand's said...

I love it that you're back! Asha is so beautiful!

Michal Thompson said...

What natural parents you are! She is gorgeous!

we said...

0h man those are great shots, you look amazing. ashy already looks different. keep posting i'll keep reminding you, EVERYDAY hahahahahah il ove you!!!

Candi said...

Sorry totally blog stalking you from Liz! I have been dying to see pictures. She is darling and I am so so happy for you guys!

Liz said...

I'm tearing up too. I just feel so complete having Asha, I can only imagine how you are feeling!!! I love you guys.